"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11





Friday, April 1, 2011

"Birth Mother Interested in You"

I have been dying to write about this, but we were keeping it on the DL until we knew more...

Last week on Tuesday (March 22nd) we received an e-mail from our social worker, the subject was "Birth Mother Interested in You!,"  (Yes, just days after I posted my rant! In fact, our profile had already been pulled by then!) I was at work when I saw the e-mail and just about fainted! I am glad it was an e-mail first. Sangeeta attached some basic information about the birth mother and what was known about the birth father. I was able to go over it and call Jake, (who was at work also) then call Sangeeta back. I closed the door to my office and said I had to make a phone call. I was shaking all over. When I called Jake he was so excited too! While we haven't been officially waiting very long, we have been since 2007 in a way since that is when we decided we were ready to start a family. Getting this call was like the first positive pregnancy test after taking so many! I was so useless at work that day. I went back and forth from feeling nauseous to being so excited. My emotions were all over the place. Someone said, well at least you don't have to deal with morning sickness...I told them it was all day sickness for a couple days! lol

Some of the things we found out about the birth mother...
She is due May 2nd!
She has a very supportive family. That is something we have been praying for specifically.
She is half Hispanic and half African American
She said she wanted an adoptive family who was married, active, and Christians. (Thats us!)
Our social worker didn't know the gender of the baby, so that was something to look forward to maybe finding out at our match meeting.
Not a lot is known about the birth father except that he is African American.

So we set up a match meeting for Thursday March 31st in Bakersfield and thought the day would never come! haha That will be the next post!

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!!....Sooooo excited...we will keep praying. Can't wait for your next post. ;o) Love you guys bunches! Auntie Deb xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah, this is such good news. Cannot imagine your excitement and nervousness. Praying for the comfort of God's Presence in this part of the walk. --jonelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE this! I have been praying for your sweet family! I LOVE you and Jake so much!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys! We Sooo appreciate your prayers and support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SAVANNAH!!! So exciting! I've been praying so much for you guys =) Can't wait to see more updates! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete